Last night I talked with my partner and artist, Dennot. He finally admited that he doesn’t want to work on the game anymore, which was “totally unexpected”. We both agreed that the game sucks balls! The game is so dull, as he said; and it simply doesn’t have a point or goal, I said. It is just walk into the endless posibilities of a randomly generated world and kill everything that moves towards you. That it’s not fun at all.
I told my mate: “I will think of something to fix this, I always do”, so I made a chart and analyzed what we already have:
- Engine for randomly generated worlds (either overworld and caves).
- 3D mechanics.
- Literal survival.
This is may sound well, but should we try another game genre besides a simple zombie shooter? What about an RPG? Hmmm?
If we changed the style from zombies to RPG, we wouldn’t only change the look of the game, we are able to change the whole game! …And we would also be keeping the things we already have, without screwing
our my hard work. We would be adding:
- Level up system.
- Classes (not only different characters with different weapons).
- Money and shops; this may also make players trade?
- Pets? Like… Y’know… Companions that help?
- QUESTS: “Go to that dungeon and kill that… Ehm… Giant lion..? The lion who stole my purse!” (this definitely will add a goal to the game.
- And my favorite: Way more enemies and bosses! (not only zombies).
….And way more possibilities that could be added since it’s a magical world, where anything could happen; instead of the actual time, where anything weird would result illogical and must bi discarded.
Since it is going to be a MMO, and a randomly generated world would scramble everything up, this is what we could design a big, big, BIG overworld map, with towns, caves, and stuff by ourselves, and use our beloved randomly generating ambient mechanic to make dungeons (ugh, I am sick of saying “randomly generated”).
And I haven’t even made a “point & shoot” code, so should we use it or try something else? Perhaps something kind of “click to move”, like League of Legends?